Have you transferred your pension over to a SIPP in order to invest in overseas property? If so, you may be wondering if the investment is really as profitable as you were initially promised by your financial advisor.
While overseas property can sometimes enable you to grow your wealth thanks to its potential for a high return on your investment, we’ve spoken to many clients who’ve fallen victim to mis-sold overseas property investment opportunities.
In some cases, these clients have lost tens of thousands of pounds that they’d originally built up in reliable workplace pensions or private pensions over the course of their career. It’s only when they transfer this money to overseas property investments that the value of their savings plummet.
There have also been extreme cases where savers have lost their entire pension pot, leaving them struggling to fund their retirement or forcing them to continue working for longer than they originally planned.
If you’ve fallen victim to pension mis-selling and you think you’ve been mis-sold an overseas property investment, there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Here at Pension Justice we have many years of experience obtaining financial redress for those who’ve been affected by corrupt financial advisors and unsuitable pension products and investments. Please get in touch with us today to find out how we can help you.
Start your free claim today
Are you eligible for a claim?
- You were advised to transfer away from a Final Salary Company Pension.
- Your new pension was not compared to a low cost stakeholder pension.
- You were advised to transfer to a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP).
- You were placed into a high risk portfolio.
- You were not given annual reviews, ongoing support and projections.
- You were transferred away from a pension that had a higher tax free cash limit.
- You were charged ongoing servicing fees.